BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN RISHIKESH FOR A SOULFUL TRIP
Divine, heavenly, enchanting, sublime, peaceful are a few names that come to mind when one thinks about Rishikesh. The sanctity of the place and the experience of divinity that it offers make it one of the most sacred pilgrimage places in the world. Aptly known as the ‘Abode of the Gods’, Rishikesh is the triumvirate of peace, sanctity and tranquillity. It is rightly said that if you are stressed, come to Rishikesh. Why not? With the plethora of temples, ashrams, yoga, meditation and wellness centres that it has, it is rightfully known as the ‘Yoga Capital of the World’
Rishikesh is a city near Dehradun which is in the Dehradun district of Uttarakhand. It is situated magnificently across the bank of the sacred river Ganges and there are various places to visit in Rishikesh if you wish to have a soulful trip. It holds a paramount importance as a sacred pilgrimage place. From ancient times, sages and rishis are said to be meditating in Rishikesh to gain enlightenment. As per mythology, Lord Rama chose this place for penance after killing the Ravana. Lakshman, the brother of Lord Rama is said to have crossed the mighty Ganges by using two jute ropes where the bridge is found. The Lakshman Jhula is a suspension bridge built across the river to cross it.
Rishikesh offers divine spiritual experiences to all those who visit. Not just Indians, but there are a large number of foreigners too who frequent this holy city. The famous Beatles visited Rishikesh back in 1968 and they are said to have even worked on a few songs here during their stay. There is also a place known as Beatles Ashram which you can visit. There are innumerable yoga and meditation centres in which Yoga is taught. Every year, in the first week of March, ‘International Yoga Festival’ is held here. Parmartha Niketan Ashram is one of the most famous yoga centres in India and is one of the best places to visit when in Rishikesh if you are keen on learning yoga. It also provides Ayurveda treatment, music therapy, healthy diets and spiritual activities.
Other places to visit include:
- Triveni Ghat-Famous for the “Maha Aarti “or the “Ganga Aarti”. Many pilgrims come here to take the holy dip and to wash away there scenes. “The Ganga Aarti” is a sight to behold as hundreds of oily leaves with diyas perched on top of them are released into the sacred river amidst Vedic chanting. It is a sight to behold and an experience to remember.
- Famous temples such as Bharat Mandir, Lakshman Mandir and Shatruganh Mandir were built by Adi Shankaracharya and are definitely worth visiting to experience divinity.
- Ram Jhula
- Har ki Pauri
- Kunjapuri Devi temple which is one among the 52 Shakti peeth in Uttarakhand. As per beliefs, this temple is sacred and important as it is said that Lord Shiva’s anger could not be controlled so Lord Vishnu took his Sudarshan Chakra and the body fell into pieces. As Lord Shiva travelled, the parts fell in different places and the upper body fell in the place where the Kunjapuri temple stands.
- Vashishta Gufa is where one can experience calmness and positive vibes.
- Neer Garh Waterfall is known for its magnificent jade blue waters and is nestled among the lush green Himalayan vegetation. It is a delight for nature and adventure lovers and also makes for a great photo spot.
- Gurudwara Hemkund Sahib.
- Tera Manzil Temple offers majestic views of the Lakshman Jhula.
- Other temples which can be visited during your stay in Rishikesh are Bhootnath temple, Swarg Niwas temple and Omkarananda temple.
- If you are an adventure seeker you can try river rafting and bungee jumping. The longest Flying Fox in Asia is situated in Rishikesh and is 1 kilometer long and has a speed of 140 km/hour.
If you are exploring options for stay and are looking at staying in a villa at Rishikesh, look no further because Shambhala Stays offers the best private villa in Rishikesh. This resplendent villa offers the perfect amalgamation of serenity, comfort and beauty. Known for their unparalleled hospitality and service, it is one of the best places to stay in Rishikesh. The location of this villa is heavenly as it is set on the banks of the pristine river Ganga and offer postcard views of the city which will let you experience a slice of heaven.
Here are a few key features of the villa that Shambhala Stays offers:
- The enchanting villa is located across a four-acre plot on the bank of the river Ganga.
- The villa provides a private access to the river from where the guest can go the river or take up some activity such as river rafting.
- The villa is spacious, clean and has beautiful interiors which are artistically designed and is among the best luxury villas for rent in Rishikesh.
- There are two bedrooms on the ground floor and two bedrooms in the independent annexe.
- There is a large living room in these Rishikesh villas for rent where you can relax with your family and sit by the cosy fireplace when it gets cold.
- The tastefully done interiors perfectly complement the exteriors and the villa is the perfect place for your getaway.
The various amenities offered at the villa are:
- Free Parking
- Friendly workplace
- Provides a patio or balcony
- Wireless internet
- Smoking is allowed
The villa provides the best amenities. Pets are not allowed at this property. You can book villas in Rishikesh with Shambhala stays and can be rest assured about having a comfortable, pleasant and a peaceful stay at this exotic property nestled amidst the lap of nature. It has the best options for relaxation, rejuvenation and recreation and the experience will stay with you for a lifetime. Rishikesh is one of the best places to visit if you wish to experience spirituality and tranquillity in its finest forms.